Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, it's February already and I haven't updated the blog since Isaac's birthday in November. Now Ella's birthday has just passed we're still asking that age old question...where does the time go? I think I've discovered the answer.....raising kids...that's where the time goes! My time at least (can't help the rest of you). Everyone has been asking for updates and I feel bad about not posting earlier. I really never have time to check email, so I definitely never have time to post to the blog....except today. Isaac has gone to French Fridays at the local Ontario early years with grandma and Ella is lying on the couch...home from school (not feeling well). The birthday celebrations must be catching up with her.

Where to begin... well, today we have a follow up appointment at Sick Kids with the opthamologist. He enjoys wearing his glasses, except for the time he did a face plant on the street, cut his eye, twisted the frames and scratched the lense. We had to send his glasses back for two weeks. He was very excited to get them back. He never takes them off and asks for them when he gets up. Isaac is a big part of my lack of time these days. He is having some sleep issues. I've been liking it to people experiencing culture shock. He was probably in the honeymoon stage when we first got him and even when we first got home. He was a great sleeper. Neil and I couldn't believe our luck. We could actually put him in bed and he's go to sleep...a miracle. Something Ella still can't do.

We went through a few weeks of waking up and crying for someone to stay with him, but by November, he was a great sleeper. It all ended just after Christmas. I guess we've entered the negotiation stage. He now wakes up around 11pm, 1 am, 3 am and then again at 5 am. We were a little weak and started lying in bed with him. O.K. I was weak. I just couldn't keep putting him back in his bed. It was easier for me to get in bed with him. First of all, I get to go back to sleep. Second of all, he is so happy that he hugs and kisses me. How can you say no?! However, it is taking it's toll and I am feeling tired during the day. Then, I started leaving his door open and he would come to our room. Not too bad the first time. However, after that, he didn't want to sleep...at 3 am in the morning....he wanted to play. Soooo, two nights ago, he came to our room and I had Isaac on one side and Gremlin (our cat) on the other side, both vying for my attention. A few nights, he even woke Ella up and we all played music beds.

We know it's a learned behaviour and he will go back to sleep for Neil, but he expects me to get in bed with him now. Therefore, that's where ALL my time will be going in the next couple of weeks....trying to get Isaac to sleep through the night again.


O.K. Now what you've all been waiting for....some pictures.


Here we are at the Santa Claus parade in Toronto where Ella was very excited to see the Barbie and the Three Muskateers float. Isaac was very excited by the marching bands. He actually clapped in time to the music. He loves dancing and singing. Neil thinks he'll be musical in some way...maybe a singer.



No comments:

Post a Comment